RETURNS & EXCHANGES
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
At Terminology, we believe you should be 100% thrilled with your purchase. We also understand that sometimes that's not the case. If you aren't completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please take a look at our return policy, and then contact us.
We'll get in touch with you with return instructions -- all you need to do is follow them!
Store credit is only issued on authorized VINTAGE returns. Cash refunds are only issued for NEW merchandise! Some exceptions apply -- we will let you know.
Our number one priority here at Terminology is keeping the customer happy.
The following items are non-returnable. This means that credit will not be issued for the following items:
Please note that all accessories, lingerie, swimwear and sale items are final sale.
- All items purchased on final sale.
- Accessories (including but not limited to Bags, Belts, Socks, Eyewear, Hair Accessories, Hats, Jewelry, Intimates, Bodysuits and Swimwear)
- Vintage and Reworked Vintage Items (please read below for clarification)
- Underwear and Bodysuits
DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive an item that is damaged, please contact customer service immediately.
All Vintage or reworked Vintage merchandise AND sale Vintage or sale reworked Vintage merchandise are FINAL SALES.
In the rare event that your vintage purchase is grossly misrepresented in the description, or a fault has been overlooked, we will accept a return with the original tags still attached for store credit in the amount of the purchase price. These rare returns must be postmarked within 72 hours of the original delivery date and shipped via traceable and insured mail. For items received after this time period, we reserve the right to deny the return. Please inspect your vintage items carefully before removing the tags, as we cannot accept returns once the tags have been removed.
Because vintage is pre-loved, defects such as loose threads, slight fading and other signs of age that do not affect wearability are not considered flaws. Each vintage piece is thoroughly inspected at least three times before it arrives at your doorstep and any issues will be described in the item description. Normal vintage wear may include loose or missing sequins and beads on sequin garments that do not distract from the design, stitching that needs to be secured, loose buttons, slight loss of fabric color from washing, slight pilling on knits, and mild leather scuffing.
Terminology does not accept returned merchandise in the event of change of mind or "wrong fit". Please do not purchase vintage items to try on and return, as we provide accurate pictures and measurements for each piece. We maintain detailed photos and inspect each item carefully, so please be mindful when requesting a return. For more information about buying vintage, please see our Understanding Vintage guide here.
Terminology will gladly accept returns or exchanges on all unworn and regular priced merchandise that is in original condition (all items unworn, unused, unaltered, undamaged and unwashed with tags attached) within 14 days of receipt of delivery for domestic orders (21 days for international orders). Credit will be returned to the credit card used for the purchase.
Exchanges of NEW merchandise can only be made for a different size of the original purchased product. We will check that the requested merchandise is in stock. If not, you may choose to return the item. Once your exchange is authorized by Terminology, you will receive a Return Authorization Number (RA#) to put on the return package. Please refer to the Return/Exchange Instructions.
RETURN / EXCHANGE INSTRUCTIONS
- Please notify Terminology FIRST via email of your intent to return or exchange the item and the reason for the return (email@example.com). Please include the original Order Number.
- After determining if the return is eligible, you will receive an RA# to place on your return package.
- Pack all garments securely and write the RA# on the outside of the package (or include it on the shipping label). Send pre-paid and insured package to the address stated below. All returns must be shipped via traceable and insured mail with a tracking number.
- All returns/exchanges must be received within 14 days (domestic) of being issued an RA# (21 days for international shipments). Items returned after this time may not be accepted. New items received after 14 days (21 days for international shipments) will be processed as a store credit, not a credit card refund.
- Once received, the items will be inspected and a notification email will be issued to the purchaser.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 business days of receipt for NEW merchandise only. Please note that your banking institution may require additional time to process and post the transaction once they receive the information from us.
- Store credit will be issued for authorized Vintage returns.
- Shipping charges are NOT refundable (some exceptions apply).
- Unfortunately we cannot refund custom, taxes, duties or shipping charges on international Returns/Exchanges.
PLEASE NOTE: Returns/exchanges that have not been issued a RA# will not be accepted under any circumstances. Return packages sent to us without a RA# will be sent back to you at your own cost.
Ship packages to: TERMINOLOGY, LLC.
P.O. BOX 91328
RALEIGH, NC 27675-1328
Unfortunately, we won't be able to accept items that don’t meet these criteria, or those which are non-returnable.
For any questions or concerns regarding the return/exchange process at Terminology, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.